For a while now, I’ve been obsessing over a (mostly) DIY music setup. The first step was to build a set of effects and studio tools for my guitar. Here are the circuits I’ve got up and running so far:
- Fuzz factory.
- One knob dirt boxes – Ritual Black Fuzz + EQD Speaker Cranker + EQD acapulco Gold
- Envelope following low pass filter
- Clari(not) noise delay
- Dual Voice Filter – two band pass filters + distortion for a cocked wah effect
- A Phase 90 clone
- BA328 based equalizer
- Engineer’s thumb Compressor (still needs some troubleshooting)
- A patchbay + signal splitter/mixer
It isn’t easy to find hammond enclosures cheaply in India, so I’m trying to think of an alternative ….maybe a eurorack-ish format with aluminium plates sitting between railings. That way I could add and remove modules as needed.
For now they sit in plastic electrical boxes that can be found in most hardware stores.
Here is a video of a few of the effects: